Call us now to talk through your vacation options!
- USA & Canada Toll-Free
1877 298 7205
- UK FreeFone
0800 096 9438
+353 69 77686
9 Night Traditional Irish Music Tour
Real Traditional Irish Music Tours of Ireland
IrishTourism are the only tour operator offering real traditional Irish music tours of Ireland. Our tours will help you discover the very best in traditional Irish music through recitals, sessions and demonstrations featuring some of the greatest names in traditional music in Ireland today including renowned composer Peadar O’Riada, Donnchadh Gough from the band Danu and Jack Talty a well known concertina player, composer and producer. In Ballyvourney you will meet popular traditional Irish dance instructor Timmy ‘The Brit’ McCarthy and learn a few steps yourself.
Three Departure Dates: 23rd June 2014, 28th July 2014, 8th September 2014
Do You Play Traditional Irish Music?
If you play traditional music we encourage you to bring your instruments along as participation is always welcome and this is an ideal opportunity for you to play with some of the best musicians in Ireland from the oldest traditional style to modern and contemporary interpretations. However, these tours are suitable for anybody with an interest in traditional Irish Music.
- Trinity Capital Hotel or Similar, Dublin for 1 Night
- Park Hotel or Similar, Dungarvan for 2 Nights
- The Mills Inn or similar, Ballyvourney for 2 Nights
- Barr Na Sráide Guest House or similar, Dingle for 2 Nights
- The Old Ground Hotel or similar, Ennis for 2 Nights
Your Tour Includes
• 9 Nights’ Accommodation with Private Facilities
• Transport in luxury touring coach
• Irish Breakfast Daily
• 6 Evening Meals
• 1 lunch
• Traditional Music Recital & Questions Session with Donnchadh Gough and friends in Dungarvan
• Ring Traditional Music Session in Mooney's Pub
• Traditional Irish Dance Session with Timmy ‘The Brit’ McCarthy
• Traditional Irish Music Talk with Peadar Ó Riada
• Thursday Night Trad Music Session in The Mills Inn Ballyvourney
• Stories Through Song Tour & Information Session with Joe Creedon
• Gougane Barra Guided Tour
• Dingle Peninsula Tour
• Traditional Music Recital & Questions Session with Jack Talty and friends in Ennis
• Entrance Fees to the Following Attractions & Sites: Dublin Castle, Kilkenny Castle, Lismore Heritage Centre, Blarney Castle, Gallarus Oratory, The Blasket Centre, Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, Cliffs of Moher, The Irish Traditional Music Centre.
We had a great time. Everywhere was really good. The accommodation was all very good. We would certainly have liked another week at least as the 7 nights was definitely not long enough with the amount of driving we had to do from Belfast, but our time was very limited so maybe another time we will come for much longer so we can see more and stay longer in the various places. So much to see in and around Killarney....just loved the Country House Hotel in Killarney.
Thanks again Tina, we were delighted with everything.
Beth Clarke., Western Australia