Call us now to talk through your vacation options!
- USA & Canada Toll-Free
1877 298 7205
- UK FreeFone
0800 096 9438
+353 69 77686
9 Night Traditional Irish Music Tour
Real Traditional Irish Music Tours of Ireland
IrishTourism are the only tour operator offering real traditional Irish music tours of Ireland. Our tours will help you discover the very best in traditional Irish music through recitals, sessions and demonstrations featuring some of the greatest names in traditional music in Ireland today including renowned composer Peadar O’Riada, Donnchadh Gough from the band Danu and Jack Talty a well known concertina player, composer and producer. In Ballyvourney you will meet popular traditional Irish dance instructor Timmy ‘The Brit’ McCarthy and learn a few steps yourself.
Three Departure Dates: 23rd June 2014, 28th July 2014, 8th September 2014
Do You Play Traditional Irish Music?
If you play traditional music we encourage you to bring your instruments along as participation is always welcome and this is an ideal opportunity for you to play with some of the best musicians in Ireland from the oldest traditional style to modern and contemporary interpretations. However, these tours are suitable for anybody with an interest in traditional Irish Music.
- Trinity Capital Hotel or Similar, Dublin for 1 Night
- Park Hotel or Similar, Dungarvan for 2 Nights
- The Mills Inn or similar, Ballyvourney for 2 Nights
- Barr Na Sráide Guest House or similar, Dingle for 2 Nights
- The Old Ground Hotel or similar, Ennis for 2 Nights
Your Tour Includes
• 9 Nights’ Accommodation with Private Facilities
• Transport in luxury touring coach
• Irish Breakfast Daily
• 6 Evening Meals
• 1 lunch
• Traditional Music Recital & Questions Session with Donnchadh Gough and friends in Dungarvan
• Ring Traditional Music Session in Mooney's Pub
• Traditional Irish Dance Session with Timmy ‘The Brit’ McCarthy
• Traditional Irish Music Talk with Peadar Ó Riada
• Thursday Night Trad Music Session in The Mills Inn Ballyvourney
• Stories Through Song Tour & Information Session with Joe Creedon
• Gougane Barra Guided Tour
• Dingle Peninsula Tour
• Traditional Music Recital & Questions Session with Jack Talty and friends in Ennis
• Entrance Fees to the Following Attractions & Sites: Dublin Castle, Kilkenny Castle, Lismore Heritage Centre, Blarney Castle, Gallarus Oratory, The Blasket Centre, Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, Cliffs of Moher, The Irish Traditional Music Centre.
What a FANTASTIC time we had! For me it was the best trip to Ireland yet being able to share the whole experience with friends and the band. And Fiona and Brendon were the best guide and driver combo we could have hoped for.
After performing in Griffen's pub in Clifden, the publican, also a retired fireman, told us "they'll be talking about this for weeks".
So, I have forwarded this survey to the rest of our group and I'm sure you will receive many good reports.
Thanks again Milda so very much for all that you and Steve did to make this adventure such a huge success. Little details like the menus at the Slieve Donnard printed with our band's name and the presentation of a plaque from the band that performed for us in Doolin at our hotel did not go unnoticed. Very impressive! Some of us are already talking about another trip in three years to do the bagpipe festival in Dingle.
So, until later.