Call us now to talk through your vacation options!
- USA & Canada Toll-Free
1877 298 7205
- UK FreeFone
0800 096 9438
+353 69 77686
UCF v Penn State in Ireland Escorted Tour
24th August 2014 8 Nights from €1209 Per Person
Combine your love of American Football with your love of Ireland on this unforgettable 8 night tour. During your time here in Ireland you will have the opportunity to explore the wild but scenic beauty of the Connemara region, gaze over the astounding beauty of the Cliffs of Moher and make your way to the top of Blarney Castle to kiss the famous Blarney Stone. Your tour of Ireland will allow you to discover the jaw-dropping coastal scenery of the Ring of Kerry and the picturesque port town of Cobh which was the final port of call for the Titanic in 1912. The highlight of your Ireland tour will no doubt be the football game between Penn State and UCF on the 30th of August or perhaps the joyous atmosphere at the pre-game tailgate in Dublin’s Church Restaurant!
Your Escorted Tour of Ireland Includes:
- Transfers on arrival and departure by private coach (arrivals prior to 10.00am)
- Sightseeing in a luxury coach with professional driver/guide
- 8 nights accommodation in rooms with private facilities
- Irish breakfast daily
- 3 hotel table d’hote dinners
- Welcome breakfast
- Sheep farm visit
- Jaunting Car (Horse & Carriage) through Killarney National Park
- Pre-game Tailgate Lunch
- Farewell Irish Night including dinner and show
- Entrance fees to the following sites and attractions: Kilbeggan Distillery, Clonmacnoise, Cliffs of Moher and Atlantic Edge Exhibition, Connemara Marble, Kylemore Abbey, Connemara History & Heritage Museum, Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, Muckross House & Gardens, Skellig Experience, Cobh Heritage Centre, Old Jameson’s Midleton Distillery, Blarney Castle, Rock of Cashel, Trinity College Library and Book of Kells Exhibition, Guinness Storehouse
- Porterage of one piece of luggage per person at each hotel
- Hotel service charges and tax (at current rate)
- Forser Court Hotel, Galway (2 Nights)
- Lake Hotel, Killarney (3 Nights)
- Dublin City Inn, Dublin (3 Nights)
We enjoyed our trip to Ireland immensely. The hotel accommodations were all very nice, including the breakfasts. The locations worked out well, allowing us to walk to some destinations in each town.
One suggestion regarding the car rental: Driving in Ireland was very nerve-wracking, mostly due to the narrow roads (not to mention driving on the "other side" and the roundabouts). We purchased extra insurance, which was a very good idea as I put a large scratch on the side of the car, running into a wall on the Ring of Kerry. We lost the deductible (250 Euros) but it would have been much worse had we not purchased the extra insurance. I would recommend adding that into the car rental cost and giving the customer the option to decline - that way they are at least alerted to the possibility of incurring damage and what it will cost if they do. I am glad that we considered the possibility, but I think others may not. Also, I think the car rental companies should put strip of molding on the doors so that repairing something like a scratch could be done more cheaply. They told us the body work would be expensive as the scratch went across the two doors - but if there had been molding on the door, it would have been much easier and cheaper to repair.
The GPS was very useful. However we were not able to enter the coordinates, which was used for most of the hotel locations. We asked someone at a hotel for help and he wasn't able to enter the coordinates, either. Full addresses for the hotels should be included with the vouchers. We ended up finding the hotels by "trial and error" once in the towns.
I think that's about it for the "ugly". Most of the trip was beautiful and I would recommend your service to others traveling to Ireland.
Attached is a picture of me with the dancers statue in front of the Bru Boru Cultural Centre, near the Rock of Cashel.
Feel free to use it on your website - and let me know if you do.
All the best...Anne Stratton
Anne Stratton, Bethesda, MD, USA