At The Irish Tourism Group, one of our core values is to conduct business to the highest of standards, offering a tailored and professional experience to clients whilst maintaining a high standard of quality, transparency and integrity at all times.
In keeping with this, we similarly recognise that we have a responsibility to provide this level of service to our clients, while also being aware of the effect that our business footprint has on the environment we are committed to protecting in so far as we are in a position to do so.
The Irish Tourism Group is aware that its business activities impact upon the environment and we are committed to alleviating those negative impacts as per our mission/vision.
At The Irish Tourism Group, we believe that:
Sustainable Tourism is tourism that takes full account of its current and future economic, social, and environmental impacts while addressing the needs of visitors, the industry, the environment, and host communities (UNWTO, 2023).
We therefore aim to reduce our negative effects and increase our positive impacts.
Sustainability is a journey of continuous improvement, and we believe that now more than ever before, it is vital to recognise that steps need to be taken in both our workplace strategy and daily activities in order to help preserve the planet we live on.
As a result of this, we will strive to continuously improve our processes and methods with the goal of becoming a more environmentally friendly and sustainable business via a step-by-step approach.
• Utilise energy efficient office equipment and products
• All technology, particularly computers and monitors, to be switched off at the end of the day and power saving settings to be used for all other electronical equipment.
• Purchase of office products with less plastic packaging and Fair Trade products such as tea/coffee.
• Have actively reduced the amount of paper used in day-to-day office activities.
• No non-essential printing of travel documentation for clients any longer.
• Discourage single-use plastics.
• Encourage staff for suggestions on reducing the carbon footprint as a collective.
• To have more of an awareness of who we work with in terms of suppliers who have environmental certification and sustainability
In Ireland, our natural environment is a key motivator for tourists when choosing Ireland as a holiday destination. This encompasses many of our island’s great sites and landscapes from the iconic Cliffs of Moher to the wild and rugged Wild Nephin Ballycroy National Park. As a company, we are committed to responsible travel and acknowledge that it is in everyone’s best interests to work together with key stakeholders to preserve and safeguard the natural world for generations to come.