The gardens of Bantry House were developed by the second Earl of Bantry and his wife Mary. Inspiration was taken from their travels across Europe. The gardens contain seven terraces the house is located on the third.
Avondale House Avondale County Wicklow Ireland is the birthplace and home of Charles Stewart Parnell one of the greatest political leaders of Irish history. It is set in a magnificent Avondale Forest Park of over 2 km² with tree trails and walks ranging in duration from one to five hours. The river Avonmore flows through the park.
Birr Castle is a large castle in the town of Birr in County Offaly, The castle grounds are also home to Ireland's Historic Science Centre, a museum of Ireland's historic scientists and their contributions to astronomy and botany. Tranquil Waterfalls, Lake and Rivers Water are a prominent feature of the Castle's Gardens. Wherever you walk you are always close to water. Cross over the enchanting waterfall above the gravity fed fountain in the Victorian Fernery, or follow the River Walk to the double bridges where the Little Brosna and Camcor meet.
Connemara National Park was founded and opened to the public in 1980. It features 29.57 square kilometres of mountains, bogs, heaths, grasslands and forests. The entrance is situated on the Clifden side of Letterfrack.
Corkagh Park is located near the Naas road stretching towards Clondalkin, in County Dublin. Opened to the public in 1986, it consists of 120 hectares and was formerly part of Corkagh Demense. The landscape of the park is typical of estate parkland in appearance, with large open expanses of grassland. Panoramic views through the Park's flat to gently undulating scenery lead the eye to the foothills of the Dublin and Wicklow Mountains.
Garinish Island is renowned for its richness of plant form and colour, changing continuously with the seasons. The island has 37 acres of gardens and is renowned for rich plant forms and varying colors, which look attractive in every season.
Glenveagh covering 110 square kilometres of hillside above Glenveagh Castle on the shore of Lough Veagh , some 20 km from Gweedore in County Donegal, Ireland — forms the heart of the Glenveagh National Park. Glenveagh Castle, a large castellated Mansion house built in the Scottish Baronial style is situated within Glenveagh National Park
Huntington Castle, also known as Clonegal Castle, is a castle in Clonegal. The structure was originally a "plantation castle", used for defensive purposes during the plantation of the area in the early 17th century. Huntington Castle gardens were mainly laid out in the 17th century by the Edmonds who built Huntington Castle in 1625.
Killarney National Park is located beside the town of Killarney, County Kerry, Ireland. It was the first national park established in Ireland, created when Muckross Estate was donated to the Irish state in 1932. and encompasses over 102.89 km2 (25,425 acres) of diverse ecology, including the Lakes of Killarney, Oak and Yew woodlands of international importance, and mountain peaks.
Lismore Castle is located in the town of Lismore, The castle site was originally occupied by Lismore Abbey, an important monastery and seat of learning established in the early 7th century. Spread over nearly 3 hectares, the historic gardens at Lismore Castle in County Waterford are divided into two very distinct and different halves. The gardens contain a fine collection of magnolias, camellias, rhododendrons, herbaceous borders and contemporary sculpture and a remarkable yew walk where Edmund Spenser is said to have written ‘The Faerie Queen’.
Lissadell House and Gardens are located 7km north of Sligo Town on the Bundoran Road. Home of the Gore Booth family from 1834 -2003, Lissadell is famous as the childhood home of Countess Constance Markievicz and her poet sister, Eva Gore Booth,
Lisselan Gardens located in Clonakilty West Cork were laid out in Robinsonian stryle from the early 1850’s. William Bence-Jones chose a site on a promontory above the river for a French chateau style house designed by Lewis Vuliamy.
Cross Strangford Lough by ferry to visit Mount Stewart House and Gardens. The house tour includes paintings and stories about the prominent political figures to whom the Londonderry family played host.
Muckross House was built for Henry Arthur Herbert and his wife, the water-colourist Mary Balfour Herbert. During the 1850s, the Herberts undertook extensive garden works in preparation for Queen Victoria's visit in 1861. Later, the Bourn Vincent family continued this gardening tradition. They purchased the estate from Lord and Lady Ardilaun early in the twentieth century. It was at this time that the Sunken Garden, Rock Garden and the Stream Garden were developed.
The Irish National Stud is a horse breeding facility based at Tully. It has been associated with the breeding of horses since about 1300, when it is likely that war horses were bred here for the Knights of Malta. The Gardens were laid out by an eminent Japanese landscape gardener Tassa Eida, assisted by an army of local labourers.
The Phoenix Park is the biggest enclosed public park of any capital city in Europe.The park was originally crated as a royal hunting Park in the 1660s and then opened its gates to the public in 1747. The Phoenix Park is also home to Ireland’s national Zoo, Áras an Uachtaráin (the home of our president), and wonderful Victorian flower gardens.
Powerscourt Estate is located near Enniskerry, County Wicklow, Ireland, is a large country estate which is noted for its house and landscaped gardens, today occupying 19 hectares (47 acres). The house, originally a 13th century castle, was extensively altered during the 18th century by German architect Richard Cassels, starting in 1731 and finishing in 1741. A fire in 1974 left the house lying as a shell until it was renovated in 1996.
Salthill Garden is located less than 200m of the sea, just outside Mountcharles, County Donegal. This contemporary garden whispers stories of walled gardens past, but today stands independently of trends and restorative themes.
Ewe Sculpture Garden & Gallery is must see for anyone interested in art or just a totally unique experience.The perfect destination for a memorable day out. The Ewe is a unique combination of nature and art and Ireland's only interactive sculpture garden. Such creative havens can be found in only a few places in Europe.
Beautifully constructed old stone walls contain this sheltered walled garden, once the garden of Kilrush House, home to the Vandeleur landlords. Set among four hundred and twenty acres of native woodland, this forgotten garden hadn't been cultivated for many years until restoration work began in 1997.
The Wicklow Mountains are a range of mountains in the southeast of Ireland. They run in a north-south direction from south County Dublin across County. Wicklow Mountains National Park is situated just south of Dublin. The Park covers 20,000 hectares of mountain scenery, and many roads cross through it. The most popular location for visitors to the National park is the scenic and historic valley of Glendalough.